Thursday, March 16, 2017

Life Changes

Call it a mid-life crisis (I'm almost 44 mind you), just tired with life or being at a cross roads, but recently I've been feeling the need to make changes.  I've been gravitating more towards "self help" and positive outlook books.  Most recently I finished up The Energy Bus.  I borrowed it from the library but I think I may order a hard copy for myself so I can highlight/mark up meaningful parts.

Hubs and I are also focused on making financial changes in our lives and have put ourselves on a tight budget.  Goals have been set for the next year (the biggest being buying a house) and we are working on how to reach them.

In addition to these changes, I need to make changes for myself.  Not just my mind, but my body as well.

I need to start working on myself not just as a wife and mom, but as a woman.  As me.  Too many times as a wife and mom we put everyone else's needs ahead of our own.  I know, I know, this isn't news and I'm certainly not the first woman to say these things.  But I'm losing myself.  Well really, I've lost myself.

I'm not a very good writer and in fact most times I wonder what I AM good at.  But I've promised myself I'm going to work at documenting this road we're on as a family and for myself.

How about a little about myself as I being this new journey .... I'm 44 years old.  I've been married to Hubs for 7 years but we have known each other for a very long time before that.  We often say a mutual friend of ours, who passed away 2 years before we began dating, brought us together.  An angel on our side.   Together we have two amazing little men and I have a beautiful grown teen from a prior relationship.  I've worked as an assistant in a large law firm for 24 years.  The people around me are great but as each year passes I feel like its not enough.  But as we all know, the bills never stop coming.  One goal in my life is to be able to provide for my family doing something meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment