Monday, November 28, 2016

Giving Tuesday & Kimberly Williams Paisley

I've been reading Where the Light Gets In by Kimberly Williams Paisley.  Her mom had Primary Progressive Aphasia which is a rare form of Dementia.

Seriously when I say I felt such a connection to Kim and her story - it isn't an overstatement.  Even down to the personal stories about her moms behavior, I felt they were mine in similarity.

I feel like I finally am reading a book where someone GETS it.

That said, only tomorrow is Giving Tuesday.  In reading Kim's book I began reading various sites (some I've already been to, but started reading in a different light) and it has made me appreciate what I have that much more.  So after all the "thankfuls" of Thanksgiving, the shopping madness of Black Friday, let's remember to give back.

Some of my favorites are listed below:

St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital

Michael J. Fox Foundation

Alzheimer's Foundation


No comments:

Post a Comment