Monday, March 20, 2017

Change is Scary

We all know change is scary, but I have to say I'm really scared right now.  I'm starting on a new journey as a Beachbody Coach.  The initial part is I need to focus on me.  As a mom, this is something I've really never done.  I know I NEED to in order to improve my health - because as we all know we want to do what we can to be around for the long haul for our kids.  I have used the Shakeology shakes in the past but never ventured into the world of Coaching.  So now, as I begin the journey of working on ME, I thought I'd give it a try.

What's scary is failing.  I've tried other diets in the past and failed.  I've tried to convince myself to work out in the past and failed.  I've tried other direct sales businesses in the past and failed.  Honestly, succeeding in the business is just an added bonus for me.  My health needs to change.  My weight is affecting my asthma as well as a knee issue I've had.  I want to be able to run around with my kids.

I also want to have fun shopping again.  Seriously, I'm down to the bear minimum (even the shirt in the picture below is a left over maternity one!).  Going into a store and seeing a cute top on a maniquin and then trying it on?  Um not so cute in my size.  I want to feel comfortable in my skin again.  ESPECIALLY as I'm getting older.

But what's different now is my mind-set.  From the beginning of the year I've felt I really need to work on my outlook on life and overall attitude.  I've been trying to read various books but at the end of the day I feel like if I get back on track with my faith then things will start to turn around.  Right now I'm reading Reshaping It All by Candice Cameron Bure (you remember, DJ Tanner from Full House!).  She wears her heart on her sleeve so I'm hoping the book will work as a guide in getting into a better mind-set.

So here I am, in all my glory, putting it all out there!  My "starting" picture.  Sorry I'm not brave enough to tell you my starting weight.  Maybe one day .....



No comments:

Post a Comment